Stylist- Position Description
The Position Description below is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities, and it is subject to changes and exceptions at the discretion of supervisors.
JOB TITLE: Stylist
LOCATION: Naviina Salon & Day Spa
Naviina Salon & Day Spa Stylists are passionate about the Aveda mission, hairdressing and fashion. They are inspired to translate this passion through creating customized hair service experiences for our guests including hair cutting, hair color, hair styling and other chemical services. The position works with a multidisciplinary team to share beauty, fashion and wellness – all through the power of touch, while also driving sales to meet established goals.
- Provides hair services, including hair cutting, hair color, hair styling, and other chemical services that are customized to guests, in alignment with the overall look the guest is seeking to achieve.
- Consistently perform the Aveda Guest Service Cycle and the Aveda 5 Star Guest Experience Routine to ensure guests have an excellent experience from beginning to end.
- Ensure each guest is offered a ritual of renewal during every visit, which may include a hand treatment, make-up application and/or neck and shoulder treatment.
- Ensure “on-time” service delivery through effective utilization of time allocated for service.
- Provide hair and wellness expertise and excellent service to guests and promote retail products for guest home care, while achieving established sales goals.
- Present and reinforce a professional appearance always, in accordance with the dress code standards.
- Ensure salon station is “guest ready” always, which includes proper sanitation of tools, product replenishment, and cleaning as required.
- Contribute to the growth and productivity of the salon, and maintain current guest clientele while continuing to build.
- Ensure respectful use of professional inventory, in accordance with Aveda’s recommended product usage guidelines.
- Perform all necessary functions in the salon as requested, to keep entire team on schedule. (eg housekeeping)
- Set a positive example for all new Stylists and other team members. And act in the role of mentor for new staff members when needed.
- Contribute to the growth and artistic standards of the educational team.
- Attend meetings as required, which may involve travel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Due to our commitment to the environment, a strong alignment to the Aveda mission is essential.
- Team member must hold and maintain a current cosmetology license in the state of Maine.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to attend and satisfactorily complete all company education as required.
- Ability to work retail hours including weekends, holidays and special events as needed.
- Computer experience including retail point of sale software.
Although this position is not a supervisory role, this individual is expected to behave in a professional manner at all times and may be called upon from time to time to “mentor” newer staff members.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a typical salon/spa environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified