National Hair Loss Awareness Month
By the age of 35 nearly two-thirds of men will have experienced some form of hair loss. Men are not alone though, 40% of those experiencing hair loss are women. The most common form of hair loss is androgenic alopecia, also known as male or female pattern baldness. This is a genetic, unpreventable type of hair loss.
Those with androgenic hair loss have hair follicles that are sensitive to a hormone called DHT or dihydrotestosterone. Exposure to DHT causes the follicles to shrink and the hair to fall out. In men, androgenic hair loss can show up as a receding hairline or thinning on the crown. For women, androgenic hair loss results in the widening of the hair part or a smaller ponytail.
Another common type of hair loss is involutional alopecia is the gradual thinning of hair due to age. Over the years, more hair follicles go into their resting phase, resulting in fewer hairs growing at any given time. Like androgenic alopecia, this type of hair loss is not preventable. Alopecia areata is the thinning of hair on the scalp and body, this type is usually not permanent.
Traction alopecia is caused by over-styling and pulling the hair, resulting in the damage of hair follicles and hair loss. In some cases, traction alopecia can result in permanent hair loss. Traction alopecia is most common in women who wear hair extensions or braids, which can pull on the hair and cause damage to the follicles.
Telogen Effluvium results in abnormal amounts of hair suddenly switch from the growing or resting phase to the shedding phase. Telogen effluvium is usually caused by a stressful event, such as a major surgery, drastic weight loss, or giving birth. Although hair may fall out in clumps, it will eventually grow back when stress levels return to normal.
Aveda’s Three Part Invati System is here to help
This system is proven to reduce hair loss by 53% when used regularly together. 4 out of 5 women say that their hair looks and feels fuller after use.
Gently exfoliates, cleanses and renews the scalp.
• Wintergreen-derived salicylic acid helps remove build-up that can clog pores
• Gentle plant-derived conditioners in the shampoo help nourish and detangle to help prevent the hair from breakage during shampooing
• A blend of Ayurvedic herbs including ginseng and certified organic turmeric invigorate the scalp when massaged in
Instantly thickens hair with fullness that lasts all day.
• Certified organic amla instantly thickens the hair
• Naturally derived amino acids mimic hair’s building blocks, to help strengthen hair from roots to ends
• A weightless blend of plant oils help condition the hair
Reduces hair loss* to help keep the hair you have longer.
• Formula with our innovative blend of tangerine peel and Japanese knotweed penetrates to help support hair’s natural keratin
• Our patented bio-fermented blend plus our Ayurvedic herb blend with ginseng and certified organic turmeric invigorate the scalp when massaged in
• Certified organic amla instantly thickens to help lift the hair at the root