Naviina Salon & Day Spa is a full service salon and spa located in the beautiful beach side town of Wells, Maine. A career with Naviina Salon is an immersion in the beauty and wellness culture that is the cornerstone of Aveda. We are dedicated to offering a unique salon experience centered on relaxation, cutting-edge style, skin and hair health as well as rejuvenation. Our salon is growth centered would love the opportunity to help nurture you into the technician that you’ve always dreamed of becoming.
Business & Events Manager- Position Description
The Position Description below is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities, and it is subject to changes and exceptions at the discretion of supervisors.
JOB TITLE: Business & Events Manager
LOCATION: NAVIINA Salon & Day Spa
REPORTS TO: Salon Owner
The NAVIINA Salon & Day Spa Manager is passionate about the Aveda mission and creating exceptional Salon & Spa experiences, while translating this passion to our guests and our salon/spa team. In addition, the Manager is responsible for developing plans and effectively scheduling the team, to deliver exceptional guest experiences and meet salon/spa goals.
- Lead, manage, develop and inspire the Salon/Spa team to consistently perform the Aveda Guest Service Cycle and the complete Aveda 5 Star Experience Routine to ensure guests have an excellent experience from beginning to end, according to operating procedures, and while meeting overall Salon/Spa benchmarks
- Trains, motivates and evaluates team members with positive feedback and performance expectations.
- Promotes service and retail sales through product sales, service sales, gift certificates, and developing the retail and service team.
- Manage team to ensure “on-time” service flow through effective utilization of the Salon Ultimate Appointment Book.
- Develop and manage team schedule that effectively accommodates guests, while remaining within allocated payroll budget.
- Monitor, train and coach team to ensure each guest is offered a ritual of renewal during every visit, which may include a hand treatment, make-up application and/or neck and shoulder treatment.
- Ensure the salon/spa is “guest ready” at all times, which includes product presentation standards, based on Aveda’s schematic guidelines; replenishment of products and cleaning as required.
- Lead by example and coach team to provide hair care and wellness expertise and excellent service to guests, to achieve established service and retail benchmarks.
- Plan and initiate monthly business driving events to draw in new and existing guests.
- Serve as an Aveda expert and coach on site, regarding Aveda mission, product knowledge and creating an excellent Aveda service experience.
- Maintain product inventory levels within required budget through effective stock management and accurate monthly inventory counts.
- Source and select new team members, utilizing effective techniques that attract top talent.
- Plan and implement effective orientation programs, and provide continued development to ensure retention of new partners.
- Ensure salon/spa team present and reinforce a professional appearance always, in accordance with the dress code standards.
- Organize and facilitate quarterly team meetings, weekly huddles, one-on-one team member meetings, and training as required.
- Complete administrative duties and weekly/monthly reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maximizing profit by managing expenses within fiscal guidelines (budget), including operating expenses and payroll.
- Attend meetings as required, which may involve travel.
- Promote Naviina Weddings through networking events, bridal trade shows, and by local business visits.
- Correspond with brides daily through email, phone, and/or vendor networking platforms.
- Manage and schedule stylists for weddings and hair/makeup trials.
- Calculate gratuities and travel fees for stylists.
- Obtain images of Naviina’s work from wedding photographers.
- Schedule and coordinate special events and styled shoots.
- Update bridal contracts and pricing yearly, keeping up with current industry trends and competitors.
- Maintain and order supplies for bridal makeup/hair kits.
- Take and schedule deposits and payments for all wedding & bus events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Due to our commitment to the environment, a strong alignment to the Aveda mission is essential.
- 3 years customer service experience in a service or retail industry, including 1-2 years previous management experience in a fast-paced environment; salon/spa experience is advantageous.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated success in coaching and developing team members.
- Computer experience including retail/salon point of sale software, Microsoft Outlook, and Google Workspace.
- Ability to work retail hours including weekends, holidays and special events as needed.
- Ability to attend and satisfactorily complete all company education as required.
- Directly supervises up to 15 team members.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The work is performed in a typical salon/spa environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
45K to start w/ 1 yr increase to 50K
Generous Discounts on Salon & Spa Services & Retail
Salon Business Education
Health, Dental & Disability Offered
Flexibility to work from home up to 16 hours a week
M-F 9-5 with the exception of events & occasional weekend team meetings
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $45,000.00 per year
All customers are required to wear a mask, common areas are sanitized often, social distancing is enforced.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We hire the very best because we bring out the best in each other. The Naviina family has a strong work ethic, dedication to guest service, a high level of skill, and a desire to continue advancing within their career.
We give our family every opportunity to develop their skills and achieve their goals, both personally and professionally.
- An upscale location in beautiful Wells, Maine
- Ongoing advanced training and professional education
- Unlimited growth potential; opportunities for advancement
- Marketing support to help you grow your clientele
- Supportive, drama-free, family-based environment
- Health Insurance
- Competitive commission structure
- 40% off Retail products
- Flexible schedules
WE SEEK STYLISTS, AESTHETICIANS, NAIL TECHNICIANS & MASSAGE THERAPISTS WHO ARE:
- Love for their craft, personal style, and self-confidence
- Motivation and self-discipline
- Hunger for education and career growth
- Ability to thrive in a team environment
- A true passion for Aveda, the Aveda Mission & Aveda Rituals
- An openness to feedback, a coachable demeanor, and joy in learning
- Gratitude, a heart for service and desire to make your guest’s day.
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you.
Are you ready to join the Naviina family?
Contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 207.251.4688 for more information.