I recently came across this article from Country Outfitter that sparked something. A lot of our curly haired clientele either don’t know how to care for their curls or are using the wrong products.
This is a breakdown for you along with the products we recommend for keeping your curls looking fabulous!
16 Tips For Girls With Curly Hair That Will Change Your Life:
1. Know your curl type. Different curls require different care and maintenance.
2. Treat it right. Using a weekly treatment will make all the difference in the world.
3. Never brush it. Never, ever.
4. Use a wide-tooth comb right when you get out of the shower.
5. Don’t touch it. The less you touch it, the better it will be.
6. Throw away your towels and use a t-shirt instead.
7. Sea salt spray will be your best friend. It works!
8. A diffuser is a must. Do not attempt to dry your hair without one.
9. If you have fine, curly hair, a spray lotion or gel is best to help manage those wild curls.
10. If your hair is coarse, start with a smoothing cream and add a light curling gel if you need additional control.
11. Don’t always use shampoo when you “wash” it. Just use conditioner.
Our sulfate-free, low-lather conditioning wash with certified organic babassu oil:
- gently cleanses your scalp
- moisturizes curls for up to 3 days
- reduces frizz, leaving curls soft and defined
12. Sleeping on a satin pillow will help keep frizz at bay.
13. Keep it trimmed. Split ends cause hair to appear frizzier than it actually is.
14. Don’t ever let a stylist cut your hair while it’s wet if you want to make sure you get the length you want.
15. Frizz control products really do work. Just don’t overdo them. A dime-sized amount will do!
16. It may not be convenient, but air-dry when possible!
Check out the full line of Be Curly at Naviina today!