2019 Hair Trends
1.Go Red- Red hair is making a huge comeback this year, from coral to copper to cherry and everything in between. There is a shade for every skin tone, check out this guide to see what would look best on you!
2. Accessorize- Go big or go home has been trending in accessories in 2018 and we see it getting stronger in 2019. Don’t be afraid to use bold adornments to accentuate your hair-do’s, we love this trend!
3. Scalp Care- We spend so much time fussing over how our actual hair strands look and feel, it’s easy to forget that taking care of your scalp is key if you want your hair to flourish. The care scalp is key to having luscious locks. If you have any buildup or dandruff we can help! For heavy buildup call us for an in-salon detoxifying treatment to begin. Lesser scalp issues may be remedied with Aveda’s Scalp Benefits products.
4. Next-Level Beachy Waves- These are like the second-day bed-head waves you wake up with — just better. “This style is great because you look polished, but not like you tried too hard. It’s the ultimate L.A. girl vibe,” explains Marjan. “The hair isn’t stiff, so you can easily flip the hair from side-to-side, and it can easily go with jeans and a T-shirt or a chic cocktail dress.”
The easiest way to get this look is to twist small pieces of hair with a one-inch curling iron, and then spray the waves with a lightweight texturizing hairspray, like this one by Aveda. This finishing step will help hold the curls without leaving hair sticky or stiff.
5. Curtain Bangs- Yes, bangs can be a massive commitment, but soft, long, curtain-like ones are a style in itself. Start off the new year by taking the plunge with uber-trendy curtain bangs. The style looks amazing on hair that’s any length, whether it’s pulled up or worn down.
To style them, blow-dry your bangs with a blow dryer and a small boar bristle brush. Place the brush on top of the hair and blow-dry toward the nose first to prevent any cowlicks, then, gently twist and direct the brush away from the face on either side to create a slight bend that frames the eyes.
6. Blunt Jawline Bob- If you somehow weren’t convinced to chop off all of your hair into a bob in 2018, breathe a sigh of relief because the cut is still going strong in 2019. This year’s version of the bob is blunt and hits at the jawline, but when tucked behind the ear, you’ll get an A-line effect. It’s also great if you’re looking to make your hair appear fuller because de Zeeuw says the shape will make your hair look as thick as possible.
“This style works best on straight hair, but if you have wavy or curly hair, it’s also a cool look,” she says. “You can alter this hairstyle for every face shape, too. If you want more volume on the sides (long face shapes), choose a jawline length. If you want to create length in the face (round or angular face shape) leave the length longer.”
7. Blended roots-If there’s one thing we can all agree on, it’s that our main priority for the new year is keeping life as low-maintenance as possible. Blended root looks like this one s exactly what you need if you can’t be bothered with constantly filling in new growth.
Have a Happy and Healthy 2109! Call us to achieve your hair dreams 207-251-4688